Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about Turbo Snacks.
What is Turbo Plantain Snack?
Turbo Plantain is a 100% natural snack with no additives or preservatives. Actually, It is a fruit that comes from a tropical wild plant. It belongs to the same family as the banana, but it has to be cooked to be eaten. Plantains are delicious and can be found in many places around the world.
What are the benefits of Turbo Plantain Snacks?
- Are a very reliable sources of energy and resistance starch,
- Contain a high amount of dietary fibre which reduces constipation,
- Also contain foliates, niacin, riboflavin and thiamin,
- Also provide considerable levels of minerals such as iron, magnesium and phosphorous,
- Are a notable diuretic and can help prevent kidney and bladder problems,
- Ease the discomfort associated with the menstrual period,
- Plantains are rich sources of B-complex vitamins and are particularly high in vitamin – B6 (pyridoxine)
What is the difference between Turbo Plantain Snacks and Bananas Chips?
- Turbo Plantain Snacks have more vitamin A and C than Banana Chips,
- Turbo Plantain Snacks have more potassium than Banana Chips. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps control heart rate and blood pressure, counteracting the negative effects of sodium.
Are Turbo Plantain Snacks as suit as Banana Chips?
Contrary to Bananas, Plantains have a rather sour taste.
If I'm allergic to Banana Chips will I be allergic to Turbo Plantain Snacks as well ?
Whether you will be allergic to something is difficult to predict. If you are allergic to one thing then possibly as you correctly asked you may be allergic to another substance that is related. Plantains ARE related to bananas. My guess is that you probably would react to plantains. It is possible you might not but don’t take the chance.
Is Turbo Snacks compatible with Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian and Paleo diets?
Yes..! It perfectly suits gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and paleo diets alike.
What ingredients does Turbo Plantain Snacks Original Flavour have?
Selected fresh Plantains 79%, certified sustainable Red Palm Oil (RSPO) and salt.
What ingredients does Turbo Plantain Snacks Chilli Flavour have?
Selected fresh Plantains 79%, certified sustainable Red Palm Oil (RSPO), salt and natural Chilli flavour.
What ingredients does Turbo Plantain Snacks Garlic Flavour have?
Selected fresh Plantains 79%, certified sustainable Red Palm Oil (RSPO), salt and natural garlic flavour.
Why is it said that Plantain is better than bread, crackers and cereals?
Plantains have complex carbohydrates and so have a naturally low GI (glycemic index) of 38. This means that eating a reasonable amount of plantains that have been cooked appropriately won’t result in rapid blood glucose increase, which is typically the effect when eating carbohydrates-rich processed products like bread, crackers, or cereals.
Benefits of using Red Palm Oil and why it must be (RSPO) certified?
It all started about a decade ago during the early 2000s, in what appears to be an independent search. Researchers from Monash University (Australia) and University of Uyoin (Nigeria) began to analyse the key components that make palm oil so unique and both came up with strikingly similar conclusions.
the health benefits of palm oil include reduced risk of a variety of disease processes including:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Arterial thrombosis
- Cognitive impairment
- Macular degeneration
- Platelet aggregation (blood clotting)
- Hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol levels)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Vitamin A deficiency
- It has great cooking properties BECAUSE it maintains its properties even under high temperatures.
- Its smooth and creamy texture and absence of smell which makes it a perfect ingredient.
- It has a natural preservative effect which extends the shelf life of food products.
- It is also the highest-yielding vegetable oil crop, which makes it very efficient. It needs less than half the land required by other crops to produce the same amount of oil. Palm oil helps to preserve the environment better than other vegetable oils.
Is Red Palm Oil a good source of nutrients?
Red Palm oil is a good source of nutrients; it contains fat, vitamin E, vitamin K, and beta carotene in high amount. One tablespoon of palm oil contains 14g of fat, out of which approximately 40 percent are monounsaturated, 50 percent are saturated and 10 percent are polyunsaturated. This amount of palm oil also contains 120 calories, 1 mcg vitamin K, and 2.17 mg of vitamin E. Fresh red palm oil has all these nutrients in high amount.
Why is Turbo Snacks healthier than Potato Chips?
Turbo Plantain Snacks are lower in fat and calories and richer in vitamins than common potato chips.
How does the Turbo Plantain Snacks shelf life translate?
It is recommended to eat Turbo Snacks BEST BEFORE and not CONSUMED BY.
It means that if consumed after the declared date still won’t have harmful consequences to your health.
More frequent Questions to Come…!